10.30.2008

Some more snippets of joy...

1. I filled up my car for $55.00. I did the happy dance all the way home.

2. I was able to spend this past weekend with some of my favorite people, working on my family history (a.k.a. scrapbooking). Dale didn't even have to lie when he said that things went well. The house was picked up when I returned. I showed him my happy dance.

3. It is no secret that Tanner is DEATHLY afraid of dogs, so walking home from school is not a simple task for him. But he does it. This week, a neighbor saw that there was a dog roaming around and kindly warned him and offered up her home as a safe haven. That was a really nice thing to do, I think she's an angel and her name is Cecilie Ott.

4. I made a jedi robe in less than 2 hours. It is much cuter than high water Iron Man.

5. I had heard of this story and check in once in awhile to get an update. The story is heartbreaking, the family is amazing. This week I found a post that altered my perspective...
http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ (Scroll down, the post is called Ticket City). Read the story too and grab some tissues.

6. Dale thought it was a good idea to just let the house go for a few days so that the kids would realize how much we do for them. I am embracing the idea.

7. Tomorrow is halloween and I am going to eat lots of candy.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I can't eat any more candy!! I am all sugared out...is that possible? Love the snippets of joy! I had such a good time this last weekend. I can't wait until next time. I getting my Napoleon costume ready!

April said...

Your snippets of joy are always among my favorite posts...I am a bit giddy about the gas prices myself.