10.09.2008

Challenge #1...

Shay looks so thrilled!

It's probably a good thing that I am doing this bucket list thing. In my mind, it was going to be so much different...

One of the biggest problems about this particular challenge was carving out enough time in everyone's schedule to sit down and eat a calm, serene, formal meal. Still, after all was said and done, Dale got unavoidably delayed and missed it.

That is the first reason I need to repeat it, here is the second...

I set the table before everyone came home from school. The kids walked in and said things like, "Wow, who's coming for dinner?" and "What's going on?"

and the third...

Shortly after sitting down, someone passed gas. (I won't mention her name) This was a wake up call for me. Maybe things have gotten too casual around here. So the meal turned into a lesson on manners. Apparently, having manners to Baylee means that you are from Great Britain...she spent the rest of it talking with an English accent.

and the fourth...

I am reluctant to share this last one because it would ruin the perfect image I am trying to paint of my family (hehe) BUT, we even had to set a timer to see if the kids could go 5 minutes without criticizing each other.

In the end, all I could do was laugh, because this is life...this is the good stuff!!

2 comments:

Rachel Stewart said...

I love it! I am so glad you are doing this. It's all kind of like family home evening. You have great intentions on what it's going to be like and in the end there is crying and complaining and everyone is a little relieved when it is all over.

Kathryn said...

No need to repeat it...those things are what makes it fun (especailly the english accent, FUNNY!) I love reading your posts!! Next challenge please...how about...get some pictures organized and plan some scrapbook layouts. AGHHH I haven't had anytime. I am getting stressed! :-)