10.28.2008

Non-wisdoms from the NEST...

In all my intelligence-ness, I made a comment to some friends this past weekend that went something like this...

"You have to let them fail, speaking of kids & school work, so that they will learn how to pick
themselves back up and do it on their own"

Oh, how soon my words have come back to humble me and quite frankly, bite me in the behind.
Last night, somehow we forgot about homework. It happens right? Well, it just so happened that the homework was a practice math test. As soon as Baylee frantically started it this morning, it became very obvious that it was a much needed practice math test. This morning was also early choir and the ride happened to come 10 minutes early. I'm sure all you mothers know where this is going and where it quickly went...

So, friends I apologize. Next time I spout off like I know what I am talking about just remember that I really know nothing. Saying it is one thing, practicing it is entirely different.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I just want you to know that both Karyn and I had a good laugh about this. I got home to find out that Joe had forgot about Taylor's homework which included 4 spelling pages, 2 math pages and a reading response. UGH! We barely made it to school on time and it was not a pretty morning. HA...oh well! It was all done when we left.

Karyn said...

Jenn,
Hi there! It was so fun to get to know you on the scrapbook weekend! I still enjoyed your wisdom about Homework although the battle continues for us on homework time managment. Although if that is my biggest teen battle I will take it!! I finally made a post on my blog! Check it out!!
Take care Karyn