11.23.2008

Thanksgiving...

It was bound to happen, being that Thanksgiving is just around the corner...

I am thankful for light sabers, footballs & shoes strewn about my house, because it means that I have been blessed with kids.

I am thankful for a budget, because it means that we still have an income.

I am thankful for dirty dishes, because we have been able to eat...
laundry, because we have clothes...
& toilets to clean, because...well, you get the picture.

I am thankful for a messy, unorganized craft room, because it
means that I am a creative person with little time on my hands for such menial
tasks as actually putting the stuff away once I get it out.

I am thankful for the car pool, because it means that
my children have somewhere to go & some other people to go with.

I am thankful for sore muscles, because it means that I
have a body that works & that I have worked it.

I am thankful for the movie twilight, because there haven't been any
unrealistic chic flicks out for a long time & basically, I like unrealistic chic flicks.
(yeah I read the books, liked them. so what.)

I am thankful for Dale, because he isn't Edward and because in
all reality, it would suck to be married to a vampire.

4 comments:

Kako said...

Love the poem! When I read Twilight (which I haven't seen the movie) I kept asking Daniel why he couldn't be a vampire. So thanks for giving it to me straight because you're absolutely right, it would suck to be married to a vampire.

Cami said...

Good List!!! Yours is just more creative than mine...and you haven't seen today's list yet.

Christine said...

I love this post... so perfectly real. You have so many things to be thankful for... thanks for sharing them:)

Kathryn said...

You are a great writer. Way to put it all into perspective!!