11.19.2008

I can't help but spoil em....

When Shay was about 10 he was obsessed with Hum-V's. That was the car that he was going to drive when he got older. So being the kind parents that we are we went out & bought him the

latest version....

it's a little bit smaller...

more economical...

we are calling it, the Hum-B-L-E...
(just in case he started to think that he was the Hot Man on Campus)



Yes, that is a big dent in the back-end, we may or may not fix it...depending on his driving skills.
The best thing...it's a standard transmission, so it is harder to multi-task.
By that I mean text & talk on the phone,
and apparently drive...

This is where you are supposed to see a video recording of our
experience teaching Shay to drive stick in the church parking lot
but my computer is archaic & won't upload videos in a timely manner.
Just imagine a lot of jerking, laughing and Dale trying to be patient, oh
and Shay saying "I hope you're not going to put this on your blog!!!"

We had cut the lessons short because I was feeling a bit whip lashed
and getting a monster headache.
Pray for us, that we can get him street ready in 6 months.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Love It!!! Ali's car is a stick shift also, I'm sure we'll be able to share horror stories! I still haven't gotten up the nerve to take her out yet...Good job Mom! I'd love it if you would work out the kinks and then will you please pass on any tips you come across? Good Luck...

April said...

Wow, what a milestone for your house.

And brilliant idea on the manual transmission.

Kathryn said...

Besides the dent I think it is nicer then my first car!!! A stick shift is way better to learn on so that they can drive anything. I am so glad that I did!!! I wish I could see the video. I bet it is really funny!!

Paige said...

Oh my gosh! I can picture that driving lesson in my head, so funny! Good luck with having a driver,scary!