11.05.2008

Really?????

I am concerned.

The very first thing out of both Tanner & Shay's mouth upon coming home from school was to tell me that they heard a lot of racist comments pointed towards the White House today. I asked "like what?", they repeated a few of them and it was instantly apparent that kids were getting this stuff from home.

Political viewpoints aside, the fact that kids (especially Tanner's age) even know how to utter such words is just plain wrong.

Ok. I'm done. The rose colored glasses are going back on.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

That is really sad! Come on people how about teaching your children a little respect. Check out Karyn's blog. She updated today!

Kako said...

That is concerning, and it would drive me crazy. I (although I didn't vote for Obama) was really impressed that our country put him into the white house. We've made head way! It's truly historic. It's sad that some people still live in the past and can't recognize the progress we have made. Argh!