9.01.2008

Are you ready for some football?



Some husbands hunt, read, play video games, run......my husband lives for football season. Mid summer, I start to notice the changes, conversations between Shay & Dale turn to who's playing this position, who drafted whom. Statistical football magazines are purchased, hours are spent on Rivals.com and the purple & gold take over.
This year I made the comment "Wow, it's like you're dead all year & then football season hits and you come back to life." He had to agree with me.
He was even getting upset that there was a possibility that the 1st game would be postponed because of the hurricane, he had been waiting 265 days for this, after all.
I have tried to fight it, but to no avail, so this year I decided to be a supportive wife & came up with the idea to have a big neighborhood tailgate party to open the season off right.
Needless to say, it was a success, about 100 of our friends came in football attire, decorated their tailgates & we had a big BBQ.
It really is easy to make him happy....Just imagine how pleased he would be if I finally agreed to sell the house, buy an RV and follow the Tigers around the country!!!




3 comments:

April said...

That looks like a riot and you are such a good wife!

Perhaps I should have a tailgating party on November 4th...election day.

Kathryn said...

You are my hero! Over a hundred people? WOW! The things we do for love.

Christine said...

What a great time! I think I need to try and avoid letting Tim read this post... I don't wnat him getting any funny ideas about wife's supporting football... LOL!

Tim said the other day... "oooh I love this time of year. From September to February is so great!" I thought he was talking about AZ weather... boy was I wrong... he quickly clarified and laughed at me!