9.29.2008

5 reasons to smile...

1. One of the things that sealed the deal for me in choosing to marry my husband, was his hidden creativity. Long story, super short....when he asked me to marry him it involved a policeman, a drunk driving test and a superb acting job on Dale's part.
This past weekend we were asked to go undercover at a local 5 star spa resort & be secret shoppers. (It was really tough, I barely made it through the hot stone massage)
We had to pretend to be from out of state, so the whole weekend Dale played it up. My favorite was when we were in the van going to our early morning hike, he said to the guide "So, tell me about this Too-a-can.." (Tuachan-- a local, world famous summer theater) The way he pronounced it made me have to turn away, and smile. Yep, that's my husband!



2. Last night, we took our boys to a missionary fireside, where they were teaching the kids how to teach the first discussion. At one point, one of the teachers had Shay come up to the front (because he was the closest kid to age 14 in our group), being the smart person I am, I didn't get that the teacher was trying to compare a typical 14 year old to a 14 year old Joseph Smith, so when he asked me to give some characteristics of Shay, I said
"Well, he's obedient and he knows how to tell between wrong & right."
The teacher said "Pretty typical, right?" (I don't think he was paying attention either)
To which, several other mother's said things like, "No...not really"
So...that made me smile. Because, as a mother, I'm aware that he's still pretty typical, and yet pretty special too!!

3. I have been getting a lot of comments about Tanner lately. About how he is growing up & how handsome he is getting. It's true, he is starting THE stretch and will soon be taller than Dale.
Tanner is noticing the changes too and came to me the other day, disgusted by the hair under his arms. I had to smile and think to myself "This is nothing my friend, just wait till you start losing it on your head!" (He is so going to hate me that I shared this on my blog)


4. Baylee came home from school the other day very excited because she had been awarded the Star Student of the Month, for exemplifying September's theme of....

wait for it...

FRIENDSHIP.

This was a huge shock. I just had to smile and think, "WOW, the principal noticed too!!"


5. We are in soccer season here. Keaton lives to play. Everyday, I get questions like,
"Can I wear my uniform today?","Is it Saturday?"& "How many days till Saturday?"
Two Saturday mornings ago, he climbed into bed with me and said "Is it Saturday?"
When I replied that it was, he giggled from the top of his head to the bottom of his toes.
All I could do was smile.

3 comments:

Cami said...

I've never even met your kids, but just from reading about them on your blog, I love them! You do an amazing job of sharing the best & funniest things about your family! Are you ready yet, only 23days until scrapbook weekend!

Kathryn said...

How do I sign up for the secret shopper thing. I think I could go for a good massage right now. All of the things you wrote about made me smile too. GOOD POST! I can't keep up!

April said...

All good reasons to smile...the first and the last had me really grinning.