6.18.2008

For all those thinking of being a dog owner.....

At what point do I get to throw in the towel? The dog just had another accident on the carpet....argh!! I told Dale tonight that I was just about done & he said that he was too. The only thing that keeps me from finding him another home is Baylee. She would be completely heart broken and she really has been pulling her own weight.
Dale said that we needed to have the kids do everything....including getting up early to play with him when he is hyper. The only reason I have been so obsessed with keeping watch over him is because I am in constant fear of what he will ruin if I let him out of my sight.
Getting everyday tasks done has become impossible.
My kitchen and the backyard (where the dog is allowed to be) are REALLY clean because that is were I spend most of my time. When he goes in his kennel, I breathe a sigh of relief because I can escape to my bedroom or craft room & get something else done.
To his credit, he is very cute and really is a good puppy but he is just that, a puppy. And puppies are hard to raise. If I were an animal person, this wouldn't be so bad. But alas, I believe that I am a people person, or at the very least, an 'outside' animal person. The CLEAN Spencer genes are just too strong to sit back & watch the dog lick my barstools.

2 comments:

April said...

Bless your mother heart!

Rachel Stewart said...

I just love this line: "The CLEAN Spencer genes are just too strong to sit back & watch the dog lick my barstools."

I am not a dog person either and would definitely not have lasted this long. How is Tanner adjusting?