6.04.2008

Dog days of summer


I caved!! Yes, we are officially dog owners. This is so NOT me, I have been putting this off for a year. Dale said that I needed to stop wishy-washing & just pick one. (Little did he know that the wishy-washing was my way of putting it off) Tanner said "Baylee, it's a good thing that I am afraid of dogs or else we wouldn't have one." He is soooooo right, that is my only reason for doing this. Yesterday I felt like I had postpartum depression. The dog yelped, whined & barked ALL night. I don't think that I slept at all, but when it seemed like morning....there was poop on the floor.
Baylee is in heaven & 'Tiger' has taken to her as well. It is a cute little thing, at least, & from what I hear, this process gets a lot easier with time. For now, I am thinking that we just had our 5th child.

5 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

so Cute! I might cave too. I can't wait to play with him. It does looklike Baylee is in heaven. Lets hope it helps!

Christine said...

Well, I have to tell you... you did just get a 5th child..hehe, but you can put this one in a cage if it acts up and nobody will call the police:)

It will definitely be rewarding, but most of the time it won't feel that way in the beginning... it does get easier, but with lots of time and work.

The kids will love it and you can just make them do all the work... right? :)

PS. He is a cute lil' puppy!

Rachel Stewart said...

It's worse than having a baby. You can't put a diaper on a dog and don't end up with "accidents" all over your carpet until you potty train. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our children. I really hope it helps Tanner.

It is a pretty cute little thing though. Keep us updated on how things go.

Nicole said...

Don't tell Mark...he takes Courtney to the pet store ALL the time.

Is it a Shih tzu?

April said...

You are a braver woman than me. By far.