6.29.2008

f r i e n d s

Most of you know that I am the only girl in my family. I've wanted a sister as long as I can remember. More than anything, I just wanted to do sisterly things, talk, shop, share clothes, & have someone always in my corner. (My brothers are always in my corner but the talking, shopping & clothes sharing is just different) When we were just starting out, career wise, Dale moved our little family to Pahrump, Nevada. I cried after spending a day there and thought that I would never be able to survive. (Google Earth and see what I am talking about)....desolation. Four years later, I cried when I left. To this day, some of my dearest friends & memories are from there. One of those friends is coming to visit this week, to do sisterly things, shop, talk & just hang out. It has been 10 years since we moved from Pahrump..how grateful I am to still have my friend Shanda in my life. She has been like a sister to me, someone I can always turn to (especially when I am annoyed), someone that listens & shares & relates to how I feel about nearly everything. And how grateful I am to, my other best friend, her husband Jeff, for allowing her time to play with me and even still, to my best, best friend Dale who will be taking the kids & the dog on a camping trip so that I can TRULY enjoy her visit. I love you guys.

3 comments:

Christine said...

That sounds like fun fun fun!!! I hope you and Shanda have a great girls vacation- relax, shop, and talk:)

PS. Your row for RR is so cute!

April said...

Live.it.up.

Rachel Stewart said...

Wow...nothing to be annoyed about there! Sounds wonderful. So glad you will be able to enjoy the time with such a dear friend!