4.02.2008

For the love!!!

I don't think peer pressure ended after high school. I like to think of it now as PARENT pressure!! I was reluctantly sitting, watching Baylee's cheer tryouts tonight wondering if I really wanted to continue the madness (my checkbook & schedule would agree) when the ladies next to me started having a conversation. This is what I gathered from it....One of the ladies has, I'd say, at least 5 kids....the daughter that we were currently watching was trying to figure out how she was going to juggle the cheer, gymnastics (5x's a week), dance (4x's a week) and piano lessons she was taking. (The daughter was 10 and very impressive with her round off back handspring, back flip.) She had one son on a mission who had turned down a scholarship to some ivy league school and another one who will be a Senior superstar in football, basketball and baseball.....you get my picture? I finally turned around and said "Man, you are making me tired!!"

This is what I figured out...
1. she MUST have a whole lot of money
2. she MUST have a maid
3. she MUST not accept church callings
4. she MUST be covering something up & what is she going to do when her kids leave
the nest?

My mind tells me all this is CRAZY but my insecure self starts to think that I should try to be like her.......WHY????? When do I get to grow up & NOT be influenced by others??? FOR THE LOVE!!!

On a much more pleasant thought, It is 10:50 pm the night before quilt retreat, I am packed and ready to go....I came home to a clean kitchen (bless Dale's heart) and I might actually make my goal of getting to bed by 11:00!! That is if I can sleep, my mind finally caught up to what my body has been doing the past 2 days and I realized that I'm really going in the morning....I am so excited!!

(P.S. Baylee isn't going to be the only child I talk about on my blog...some brag-able things have happened to my other kids as of late but I am super slow at getting pictures on the computer to upload....so next week...a huge update!!)

3 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

Yes for the Love! What is that women thinking. That is way too much stuff for children. Yes bless Dale. It was because of us that you didn't get home till ten. Quilt retreat was a blast.

April said...

You are a rockstar. I loved sitting next to you at quilt retreat. Those seating arrangements were phenomenal.

Kako said...

I love this post. And I am a firm believer in parenting-peer pressure, mostly for the worse. I so naturally discredit other's successes to something beyond me (for example, she must have a personal trainer and full time babysitter. How else could she be in that good of shape?).
And I LOVED the poppys picture. Tell me more about them. Did you draw them? Because that's beyond me too.