4.09.2008

the update I promised....

It may seem like I am bragging, that is not my intention. Here is my disclaimer: SINCE I am trying to record simple historical moments and BECAUSE grandparents will be viewing this blog, every once in awhile I might post things about the kids that make a momma proud.
A month ago, Tanner decided he wanted to try out for St. George Musical Theater's production of High School Musical. The auditions were intense to say the least, 10 hours of dancing and singing in front of 4 directors, over 80 kids auditioned, he was the only one there under 14. I sat in wonder at his abilities to 'hang' with the big kids, & his guts to even try. Well, he made it in and we are all so excited to see how the show will turn out. The cast is awesome, the director and choreographer are the best, so it should be great!! If you are visiting in June or the first week of July, be sure to check it out...



Shay was also able to collect on a few of his dreams this year. Last summer, he made a decision to give his all to basketball. The boys his age are extremely talented & he knew he was going to be up against a lot to even make the freshmen team. (45 boys came out for the team) He made it and I couldn't have scripted a better experience for my son. They went undefeated & everyone got to play in every game. The coaches were awesome and had the kids participate in making quilts for less fortunate kids and the best part, the teams average GPA was 3.7. Next year, these boys will be split up because the are building a new high school by us so it was nice to go out with a bang.




As I am writing I am thinking "I am such a hypocrite...didn't I just blog about parent pressure?" I have to say that I only post this because both Tanner & Shay found something they love to do and I am proud of them for setting the goal and reaching it.

3 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

You go boys! I am so proud to call you my newphews. Good Job! I can't wait to come see you in high school musical tanner :)

Christine said...

Oh Jenn... you have every right to brag, ity's a mother's duty:) I love the updates... keep them coming.

April said...

I felt no parent pressure reading this...only joy to see your boys succeeding in the things THEY LOVE.