4.21.2008

No. It's a complete sentence.

I'm getting better at saying no. Just this week I said no to becoming the Regional Secondary Council PTA president (that one was hard to do), I said no to myself when I wanted a bowl of ice cream at midnight (that was near impossible) and I'm getting up the nerve to say no to the next person who asks me to sub in primary (I've gotten called every week for about 3 months now)....this one is the hardest since somewhere in my brain there is this unspoken rule that if I say no to anything church, I will somehow be sent to hell. Basically, what I am saying is that I am learning how to take care of myself. I always thought that by doing so, I was being selfish. My new thought is this...the more self-care I provide, the less I fault the people around me when they don't do it for me.

1 comment:

April said...

I can't believe it was hard to say "no" to the PTA...that's an easy one for me. Anything with church and that's a whole other story. Perhaps one of these days "no" should be my word of the week!