4.08.2008

Just what I needed



I am back from another awesome (thanks to the Arizona girls....you guys did great) quilt retreat!! I have cute things to show off and got to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people. But, the best thing about quilt retreat (Ok...any kind of retreat) is that it gives me a chance to step outside of my hectic life and re-evaluate. EVERY time I come back sleep deprived, yet energized. I realize that I am a creative person, I NEED to create things, I am HAPPY when I am creating. I have now buried myself in my craft room and I am in the midst of cleaning, organizing and adding the finishing touches to the decor that has stared at me for the past 2 years. Late last night I decided I needed some more color and made these little poppy pictures!! They just make me happy!!
The hope is that as I organize my room, I will also organize my life so that I will actually USE my room for crafting & such and not as a big huge junk drawer!! Gotta go....(I guess the kids have got to eat sometime)....

4 comments:

April said...

Okay, now I need instructions.

I hear you on the creating thing. I woke up this morning and thought, "I want to quilt something." How long has it been since I've had that thought? I forgot how much I love it. And that seems like a stupid thing to forget.

Sam and Lacey said...

SO CUTE! I need some. Yes, I said need it is not a want. HAHA I will be coming over to do some on the next craft day. We definantly need to start doing that again.

Christine said...

I need a craft room becuase Luke's closet is busting. It has more scrapping and quilting supplies, than actual baby items! I love the poppies... so cute! I can't wait to see the wonders that you create!

Rachel Stewart said...

I too can't wait to see what creations come out of the craft room. The poppies are SOOO cute! I wish I was a craft person and had that kind of creative genius. LOVE IT!