8.22.2008

Taking on the world makes me tired....

Shay came home yesterday & informed me that he can no longer ride the bus to school. Apparently we are 1.99 miles away from the school & they will only bus you if you live outside of a 2 mile radius. Ok....no big deal, buy the kid a bike, right? Yes, except for the fact that most of the trip is on River Road...one of our busier St. George streets, no sidewalk, no place to cross. The school transportation department said that the city is who we talk to about cross walks or crossing guards, the city claims that it is the schools responsibility. You get the picture. It seems I spoke a little too soon....maybe the school district is a little 'over budget' & thus cannot just add a bus for those that can't possibly get across that street. I know that 1.99 miles is not that far to drive him...however, I must whine just a little because all of my children go to different schools, none of them have buses now, and none of them go at the same time or even in a time frame where I could drop 2 off in one trip. That means four trips to four locations in four different directions, over a 2 hour period. Then get home in time to get some lunch & off we go again to pick them all up. By the time Shay can drive....we will be buying him a car & celebrating!! In any case, part of me wants to fight this fight just on principle alone.

2 comments:

April said...

Oh my gosh. And then your husband will come home and wonder why you didn't get anything done with all that FREE time you had!! (At least that's what mine keeps asking me!) Bless your taxi-cabbing heart.

Cami said...

I feel your pain...I too can't wait for my 15 year old to get a car! This year my younger kids can ride the bus so I will have a bit of a break. It's dragging them out of bed at 5:45 AM to get the metioned teenager to early morning seminary that leaves me drained. When it seems too much I remind myself I love my kids, I love my kids... if this doesn't work I add some chocolate!!!