8.18.2008

Pain

If Baylee asked me today if I would rope the moon, I am pretty sure that I would try. Last week we made the unpopular decision that finding a new home for the dog would be in our families best interest. After many tears, Baylee decided that Tiger, if "she had to give him up, she would like him to go to Makayla". (Some friends in Pahrump)
I imagined the scene in my mind, but really nothing could have prepared me for it. Another friend was here in town & offered to take him to his new home, she later described the experience as being like she was with CPS, ripping a child from their home. Baylee's pain was so raw that you could feel it and I found myself at a loss as to how to help her through. In her mind, this was the end of the world & I thought how life sometimes just stinks...and as a parent, when you child is hurting, sometimes all you can do is put your arm around them (if they'll let you) & reassure them that it will get better....that, this too shall pass.

2 comments:

Christine said...

oooohh... I'm sorry that was really hard:( In a few weeks it will all be back to normal.

April said...

Oh, ouch. So painful for both of you. Hope she feels better soon. I'll tell my girls...they will be in tears for her.