5.18.2008

Where has the time gone?


15 years ago, today, I became a mom. I was young, thank goodness, & had no idea what I was doing or the responsibility that I was taking on. Now I am old-er & still have no idea what I am doing, but Shay has made being a mom easy. Am I crazy to say that I love having a teenager? I love having this teenager. He is still obedient, still thankful for the things he has, still thoughtful & kind, and still just a good kid. Tomorrow we will go get his driving permit (ugh), he is growing up in every way, the most noticeable is the actual UP, (six foot one) and his shoe size (12). But the growing up that makes me the most proud is the young man that he is becoming. So, Happy Birthday Shay!! It is an honor being your mom.

2 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

Scary. I can't believe you can leagally drive. That was a very cute post. I loved all of the (stills) in there. Shay will always be a good kid. Thanks for paving the eay for the rest of the grandchildren SHAY!

Rachel Stewart said...

Wow...does it feel crazy that you have a 15 year old?? I am loving that you are blogging because it lets me get to know you (and your kids) better. He seems absolutely fabulous. Congrats on raising such a wonderful son. What an ENORMOUS accomplishment.