5.08.2008

adventures on two wheels AND small gestures


We call him our Reliv baby. I don't know if it is that, or the fact that he is the youngest and very competitive. But the kid catches on to things FAST. The other day, Keaton insisted that it was time to take off his training wheels. Dale did and then proceeded to teach him how to ride. 3 trips up and down the rode and he was on his own. Day two, we found him at 6:30 a.m. practicing. Later that day, he wanted me to come out and watch him go off the big curb! I'm pretty sure the kid needs a helmet.




Some days, I dream of big romantic gestures. But at my core, I'm really affected by the small ones. Dale was given the task of getting the mother's day gift for church on Sunday. He came up with the idea to do chocolate (he's really smart), and yesterday he sat and packaged up 100 little bundles of joy. This is completely out of his element, not a crafty bone in his body, but I loved watching him struggle with the cellophane & ribbon. I am so grateful for the small gestures that help me to be thankful for a husband that will do anything to fulfill his responsibilities. Who needs flowers anyway?

4 comments:

Kako said...

That's so sweet.

Christine said...

Yay Keaton! Now... tell him to beeeee careful!

Those goodies look yummy... that is such a sweet little gift... that Dale... what a guy!! If that's what your ward is getting, then you are gonna get spoiled:)

Rachel Stewart said...

Seriously...is there anything more attractive than a righteous man?? So glad you have a great one in your life.

And how great is Keaton?? I am very impressed. I love that you found him at 6:30 in the morning practicing. I can just bet that he was dreaming about it all night and couldn't wait for the sun to come up so he could get back out there.

April said...

I am loving the image of Dale tying ribbons around those bags. Amen to loving a man who does his duty.