1.15.2009

Excercise epiphany...

Because of injury, cold weather, & no motivation, my running friends & I have decided to walk, instead of run during this winter season.

We timed ourselves today... we walk nearly as fast as we run.
My friend said we should aim to be like the speed walkers that compete in the Senior Games.

I don't know which was harder to swallow...
the fact that all these years of running, we were really barely past walking
or
realizing that we are not that far away from qualifying to compete in the Senior Games.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Shanda and I are right there with you! Heck your still getting out there right! I think I would like to see a video of the speed walking!

Anonymous said...

I am just impressed your getting out there. My exercise has been non existant. Thanks for the Christmas card of your beautiful family. I can't believe how fast they grow. We'll be sending out Happy Preisdent's Day cards. Maybe even Happy Easter cards if I keep going at this rate. It's the taking pictures that throws me every time. Having to get everybody prettied up and then finding someone to take it. I just can't deal with all of that. Wish you were closer so you could do it. You take great pictures. Hope you're all well.