12.15.2008

Ho, ho, ho...



"You were wrong, Grandma!! He is the real Santa!"

Saturday, we got to meet him...
he remembered the kids from last year & couldn't believe how
they had grown.
Baylee asked for a motor scooter, with a seat.
Keaton asked for an ipod!!??
Santa said he couldn't promise anything (thank you Santa)
and gave them a candy cane...they were thrilled!!

I
It snowed all day today....in St. George. I shopped, listened to Christmas music
and made potato soup for dinner.

People here say I'm crazy because I like the cold,
maybe I only like it because I know it won't last long,
or because I don't have to deal with boots & coats & muddy floors everyday,
or maybe I like it because it reminds me of trips to the cabin when I was young,
of chili & hot chocolate & going out late to ride down through the
trees on Grandpa's old skis,
with the lights reflecting off the snow....
of flying off the back of a snowmobile,
of Christmas day on the slopes of Brianhead, cheering as family
members did crazy things,
of rosy cheeks, cold feet & fun clothes to bundle up in,
of Christmas pageants (and practices),
of the house on the hill that played music from the chimney & lit up
the sky with lights, of NOEL spelled out across the front,
of stockings hung all over the fireplace,
of not being able to sleep & trying to sneak in to see what Santa
had left, & being caught by a Dad who wanted to seem fierce...but wasn't.
of Christmas morning, being so excited that I couldn't stand it
any longer & seeing the clock turn to 6 am & finally getting
to wake up Mom & Dad...
of being convinced one Christmas that I had, in fact, seen
the real Santa,
riding in his real sleigh,
with his real reindeers...
and really saying Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas!!!

6 comments:

Marie said...

This is random, so here goes. I happened upon your blog by clicking the Next Blog button at the top of the page after viewing my friends blog. I think you were the third or fourth blog....and do you know what? I knew instantly you were LDS. Me too by the way. It's just so crazy how it popped out to me....and I really am assuming because I never saw the word Mormon or LDS on your blog, but there were enough key words there.

So I wonder what the odds are with LDS blogs....you know the statistics. Is every fourth blog a Mormon Mom telling about her daily adventures in momhood? I really am rambling on, it must be late. Back to addressing Christmas cards I go. It was fun finding you though.

I LOVE your challenge this week and that is what I will take away from your lovely blog...Do something nice for someone who annoys you. Off I go!

Cami said...

Love this post. I love to share memories and have them shared with me. We also had a overcast, almost snowy day. Well, okay was snowing, it just wouldn't stick. We too had potato soup for dinner and got to start our first Pixie week by delivering a fun gift to a family's doorstep, ringing the bell, and running away. I hope someday my own kids will remember fondly the things we do as a family and want to share them with others, including their children. I think that is one of the best parts of remembered family time, you get to pick your favorites and continue them with your own kids. Oh yeah, I love the picture of Keaton with Santa Claus!

Kako said...

I love those memories and I wish they could continue (mostly the Brian Head, when did the Spencer extended family decide that that wasn't a good Christmas idea anymore?). As for the snow and cold, I am with you. I am looking forward to going to the cabin to ensure that we have snow this Christmas!

Sam and Lacey said...

I loved this post. I love Keaton. I swear he is the cutest kid. And shame on you for shopping again. HaHA. I can't wait to make candy trains and continue all the traditions all over and over agian.

April said...

Sniff.

Oh, the cabin.

I was just telling David about our adventures there.

And the house on the hill!

Oh, happy, happy, snowy days.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Are you ready yet? Are you enjoying your snow? It's cold and snowy up in IDAHO. I still can't believe I really live here. I'll email you the address.