5.16.2009

Ah...surgery...

I am 6 days post op. One of which I really do not remember, thanks to some wonderful medication.
Things went as well as I could have expected.
I only have an eight inch horizontal scar, rather than a possible vertical one.
My uterus was eight times the normal size, weighing in at just over 2 pounds.
(a difficult way to lose weight, but i'll take it)
I was able to keep my ovaries, so if all goes well, my family will not have to bunker down.
And...
even though I was as close as possible, I did not have to get a transfusion.
Let the Iron building begin!!
I have learned some things over this week...
while it has been nice to lie around, reading books and watching movies, I am grateful that I don't have to do it on a regular basis.
Being able to do housework, drive, and quite frankly, go to the bathroom, are all HUGE blessings.
And...
I am blessed with a network of family, friends and neighbors that are awesome.
I have no choice but to sit back and watch you serve...Thank You!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I hope your recovery is quick! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better:)

Kathryn said...

I wish that I lived closer to help you. I am so glad that all went well. I hope that you have a quick as possible recovery. While you are laying around I think we need a new challenge soon.

April said...

So glad you got that done. (Though I do think you would have enjoyed the transfusion.) Go slow. Do you know how to do that? Love you.

Nicole said...

Wow Jenn...you are a marvel. I am so glad to hear they did a horizontal rather than a vertical. Good thing you have such an awesome mom!