2.10.2009

Call me the Fireman (or woman)....that's my name...

I have been putting out fires for weeks and blogging seems to be only a smoldering one...

Here is what has kept me away...

I have been working on the school yearbook. How did I get myself roped into such a project, you say? I still don't know myself, but if I remember correctly, some lady called me when I was multi-tasking and thus caught me at a weak moment...the answer is always yes when I am weak. Of course, these projects often take far more time than I imagine & this particular one has turned into a wildfire!!

Quilt retreat is coming up, which is a good fire, but my abilities to procrastinate...fan the flames. I have two round robin quilts to catch up on and invitations to make & send. Just a note for family members, the invitations will be coming soon and we are going to have all sorts of FUN!!!

Since I was the one to send out the happiness challenge, I figured that I ought to at least try it out. I have been unsuccessful at spreading happiness for a full day, but have improved in a few areas.
Like now, when Keaton came in & said that he was cold & wanted to sit on my lap (I've been on the computer all day), I said, "absolutely!".



He is now asleep, & making it difficult for me to type...but I'm still smiling.

Or when Baylee wanted to make valentines at the same time I needed to make dinner & pick up Shay.
I showed her where to craft, she made a big mess, the big mess is still there...I'm still smiling. This is a milestone for me.

So, I'm blogging, no sense in getting to that 'clean the house' fire...because no matter how hard I try with that one...it will not extinguish!!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

This post made me smile becuase you are amazing:) I know it's stressful for you, but the yearbook will be amazing and whoever benefits from it will be thrilled.

I know I am thrilled to see Quilt Retreat invitations- especially ones that you made! It makes me more motivated to find a sitter for Luke so I can [for sure!] make it.

Keaton looks like he's on cloud 9! What a great place for an afternoon nap:) And Bailey's Valentine Cards must be gorgeous after using your craft space and supplies to make them! Not to mention she's got your creative genes!

Woohoo to spreading happiness!! You brought me some today:)