7.29.2008

Life lessons

I learned some new things over the weekend....

#1-I struggle with patience & Baylee was single handedly sent here to help me master it. We had kids quilt retreat on Friday, after only a few tears, Baylee completed a whole quilt. Her interpretation of 1/4 inch seam & straight line is completely opposite of mine. I had to keep saying in my head, & only occasionally out loud, that it was OK, it was HER quilt, & she is after all 9!! Anyway, the end result was wonderful, don't you think?





Thanks to all my wonderful family for their efforts, this is a great family tradition & I love them all!! Eleven girls & eleven quilts, all in one day!!


#2 a. I am blessed with the greatest family....for cousins that you can stay up late talking with (thanks April, it was so much fun), for sisters-in-laws who are a huge support, for a Mom that lets the grandkids destroy her house in their quest for the latest project, for Natalee's visit & the inspiration for all of the projects, & for the birth of new family members....congrats, Mike & Becky on baby Milo!
b. I am blessed with the greatest friends...my friend Judy & her family passed through town & we spent some time visiting. It is so nice to have people in your life that are comfortable to be around.

#3-The lids on cans are sharp, maybe even sharper than a knife. (If you are queasy, don't look at the rest of this post) Yep, you guessed it.....6 stitches!!



Note to self, and anyone else who wants to make a note, don't try to take the lid off of a can that the can opener didn't go all the way around. #3 is a lesson that was painful to both my hand & my wallet.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Ouch! So sorry about your hand... although you should have consulted with me first becuase I've done the exact same thing to my index finger once!! I was trying to tell my cousin that he can't leave the sharp lid pointing up becuase his little sister could cut herself on it... then I went to push it down and... OUCH!

The girls are beaming! It looks like you had a successful and fun weekend:)

Kathryn said...

That doesn't look like much fun. Sorry that happened. The quilt looks great. What a fun tradition. I love this blog stuff! Such a fun way to keep up on eachother. Have a great day!

Kako said...

My kids can't let go of their quilts, they are SO proud. What a great weekend. I'm glad you got stitches although I think you should have taken Andy up on stitching it. I am all for saving money at someone else's expense. ;O). Hope it feels better.