4.07.2009

Here is reason to retreat...

At quilt retreat I made these...




and this yummy quilt...




and got to see my VERY fun round robin...





all of which made me incredibly happy, but here is the real reason I retreat...

Yesterday I had an echo-cardiogram, the technician asked how many kids I had, I said 4...
then he said "So, do you know what you're having this time?"
I didn't even cry...I just laughed and thought to myself, poor man, I bet he'd like to find a big rock to hide under.

Today I went to the gynecologist & the dentist. Yes. On the same day. I didn't even cry...I just laughed and thought to myself, how did that happen?

I don't know how long it will be till the effects of the weekend wear off...but I'll tell you this, retreating is good for the soul...

My cousin describes it best on her blog, you should check it out...


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Your creations are beautiful and April had me even crying reading her blog. What a special time your quilt retreat is and how awesome to have special women in your life. You said it perfectly. We definitely need these retreats in our life. I can't wait for ours!